Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's about time...


It's about time that I document this.

My DeLorean story started in 2006, as I secured funding and began looking for fun weekend car which I would be able to maintain, as much as possible to my skills. I narrowed it down to three cars, and ultimately the DeLorean DMC-12 became the final candidate primarily for two reasons:
  1. Parts availability was surprisingly high for such an "exotic" and "orphaned" car.
  2. There was a local club, the DeLorean Club of Florida (www.deloreanclubfl.com) who seemed like a friendly group, with periodically planned "Tech Sessions" with owners and enthusiasts, to assist in the upkeep of their cars.
Once I decided on the DeLorean I shifted into heavy research mode, reading as much as I could about the car. Then when opportunities presented themselves, I was able to ask some relevant questions about the cars, which assisted in my purchase decisions. One opportunity led to a car in Maryland, which had been restored and well maintained by a resourceful high school teacher, along with some generous assistance from fellow owners from a similar club as above.

That car (#2109) arrived to our driveway in Florida, in early December 2006. The experiences that we have had with this car have been positive beyond what we could even have imagined.

I would like to use this blog to document those experiences, as well as to show the work that we have done, or have had done, on this car. I hope that this information is both interesting and useful to current and future owners.




>>> If you have a few minutes, be sure to check out the "Best of" postings. Thanks.<<<

No comments: